The Malaria Work Package is made of two sub-work packages, one dealing with the diagnosis and management of childhood TB and the other with TB drug-resistance; these activities will be coordinated by MRCG.
- Strengthen diagnostics competency for Adult and childhood TB within clinical setting in the Network
- Strengthen laboratory diagnostics of TB using novel diagnostics techniques such as GeneXpert
- Strengthen capacity of investigators at sites to write competitive winning grant applications
- Set up platform of sites for drug susceptibility testing (DST) to first and second line drugs in west Africa
- TB Activity 1: Improve the recognition of childhood TB within the national health services through a specific integrated training program for appropriate referrals for diagnosis.
- TB Activity 2: To facilitate the roll out of novel diagnostics for children and adults
- TB–Activity 3: To train participants in the principles of robust study design and sampling for drug-resistance surveys and clinical trials of new treatments, diagnostics and prospective markers
- TB-Activity 4: To build practical skills for drug-susceptibility testing (DST) to first and second-line drugs